Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Clarity, not the song by John Mayer

I do realize that my first blog posting had a few errors. Cut a brother some slack, it was late and one is due for a few mishaps here and there. The title of this posting has a specific meaning behind it. As I pointed out in the first posting, I am a double major in English and History. Writing comes with the  territory as you will know. As a matter of fact, those are the two majors in which writing is a heavy emphasis. I have started blogging to write formally on a regular basis. It is not everyday that I actually have to use proper grammar and punctuation. I text message on a regular basis and I actually do use proper grammar. Honestly I can not ask a question without a question mark. My perception of blogs has been swayed thanks to the phenomena that is myspace. I did have an account for about 2 years but I have recently deleted that, along with my facebook account. I deleted the two accounts because law schools and other important people that you could end up answering to will look for you on those websites and make judgements about you based on what have on your profile. I simply did not want to take that chance. The blogs that I would read on there were quite interesting to say the least. They were always posted in order to vent frustration based on drama that was occurring in that person's life. It was nothing but adding to the drama. I am a curious person so I read them. After reading them, I felt dumber after I read them.  All the reason behind the person posting a blog is to create more drama hoping that people would read it and give their feedback. Get a life!!  I got to the point where I did not care what was going on with others. I could careless if someone did something that made you mad or anything of that matter. This blog is for me to "rant-n-rave" about issues that most people know about. I will voice my opinion and it is my hope that people have a different view than mine on the particular subject and we can engage in an intelligent conversation about the matter. I will reiterate this, I will not share personal information on my blog. I simply like to discuss sports and popular culture ad nausea and I know there are others like me...By the way, I am not buying the hype around the Lakers. Gasol and Kobe are good players, but I am not sold on Bynum and Odom has always let me down. They will not make the western conference finals. See ya tomorrow!

No comments: