Monday, February 25, 2008

First posting!!

Hello everyone! I am new to this art that they call blogging. I have read my teacher's blog every time that I e-mail him and I finally decided that I should start my own. A little about myself, I am Matthew Garcia and  I am on the verge of graduating from UTPB with a degree in English and History. I aspire to attend law school after graduation. I played 4 years of college soccer at UTPB. I am a sports fanatic to say the least. My knowledge extends to baseball, basketball, football and real football(soccer). My blog will talk about all facets of culture such as movies, television and politics( I am trying to get more acquainted with politics as my familiarity with it is somewhat lacking). I will be ranting and raving about everything from sports to television to movies and will not be revealing any personal information. I created this in hopes of getting my thoughts out concerning the aforementioned topics. I hope to keep up with this blog everyday but more than likely I will miss a few days due to the heavy workload that has been thrown upon me with school and law school applications. I will clarify some of my faves. In college football the one and only team I live and die by is the Miami Hurricanes(#1 recruiting class in the country this year), to all the haters out there, the U will be back!! Ohio State is the one team in this world I will never cheer for, even if they were pitted against the demons from hell I could never root for them. My team in college basketball is the Duke Blue Devils and has been since the 5th grade. Professional basketball is hard because my favorite player is Steve Nash but my favorite team is the Detroit Pistons. Despite Boston's resurgence, I still feel that this is the year Flip gets them to the finals. My favorite MLB team has always been the San Diego Padres, home of the reigning Cy Young winner Jake Peavy and the team that was kept out of the playoffs by a phantom home plate touching in the one game playoff last year, damn the Rockies! Professional football is hard to explain for me. I have favorite players rather than favorite teams. Tom Brady epitomizes everything someone could ever look for in an athlete. My adoptive team is the Pats b/c of him ( I like to think that there was not a a Super Bowl played this year and this is the only time this last Super Bowl will ever be mentioned). My love for the Miami Hurricanes run so deep that I keep up with all of them and root for them to succeed on their respective teams.As far as soccer goes, which is the only love I have ever experienced in life, I am a Blues fan(Chelsea) through and through and still hold a grudge for the departure of the Special One. As far as television goes, Entourage is the best show on television. The show would not be the same without each character. Each different character fulfills the puzzle that is the show and it would not be the same without each character, even Lloyd. I feel that the two best characters on the show are Ari and Drama. Ari speaks for himself and Drama is just Drama to say the least. I like an abundance of movies, my favorite being Training Day. I could not agree more with the Academy this year on their selection of No Country for Old Men as being the best picture winner. It is getting late and I have an 8 AM class in the morning. Hopefully this initial post will give you some insight to my life. Be back tomorrow...

3 comments:

dcat said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, MG!

dcat

Anonymous said...

I really don't appreciate you not mentioning your ALL TIME hero, me of course. But anyways, you should really inform your readers and fellow bloggers who introduced you to your "true love" (Chelsea) and don't try and take credit for it!

Anonymous said...

All time hero? More like the other way around! I planned on my next my blog being about Chels. Whether that be a joy filled entry of an entry consisting of me crying while I write it will remain to be seen...