Friday, March 7, 2008

The Fear of the Hurricane, Restored!

My heart will always lie with the Miami Hurricanes in the domain of college football. Unfortunately for me they have fallen on hard times as they have had 3 sub-par seasons, tipified by not making a bowl game last year and not being ranked all year. Kyle Wright let me down in his tenure at the U. He would have his moments of brilliance and they he would make decisions that make you want to pull your hair out. You could see it in him but he never believed in himself to do it. I was never sold on Kirby Freeman from the time that I saw him play in high school. I knew that he could never succeed in the pro style offense. It is better for him to be under Art Bryles' offense at Baylor that incorporates a sort of spread option mixed in with pass. This years recruiting class gives all of us hope, #1. The U's season will hinge though on one Robert Marve. Last year's Mr. Football in the state of Florida red-shirted last year and watched Wright and Freeman lead them to a 6-6 record. The second thing they must correct is that o-line. In today's Eye on the U, it tells us that Marve performed very well. Hopefully he can keep this momentum going into the season. My prediction for this year is 10-2 and a BCS birth! Optimistic? Very much so.....

No comments: